Call us today to get started!
Your onsite wastewater treatment system is one of the most expensive features of your home and you will want to protect your investment. There are a few basic things that you can do to extend the life of your system. When a septic system fails, it is usually because the drain field has become plugged and the effluent can not move through the soil. Following the suggestions below can keep your investment working for you.
• Conserve water, install water-saving appliances and repair plumbing leaks.
• Limit the use of chemicals that can kill the "good bacteria" in your system.
• Divert downspouts away from your drain field.
• Have your septic tank pumped and inspected regularly.
• Install a filter to remove lint from your washing machine discharge.
• Use a garbage disposal.
• Flush non-biodegradable products like tampons, condoms, diapers, wipes etc.
• Dump solvents, oils, paints or poisons down the drain.
• Allow vehicles to drive over your drain field and compact the soil.
Associates Soil Testing Inc provides soil testing throughout Walworth, Waukesha, Racine and Jefferson Counties. Here are some of the cities we service regularly: Big Bend, Burlington, Delavan, Dousman. Eagle, East Troy, Elkhorn, Fort Atkinson, Hebron, Jefferson, Lake Geneva, Mukwonago, Muskego, New Berlin, North Prairie, Palmyra, Rochester, Wales, Walworth, Waterford, Waukesha, Whitewater, and Williams Bay.